UpLabs is a place for designers and developers to find, share and buy inspiration and resources to build apps and sites.
On UpLabs, every designer and developer can:
1. Browse and find inspiration on our daily showcases for Material Design (Android), iOS & macOS, and Site.
2. Search for specific UI elements and solutions;
3. Share her/his work (design, library, snippet, app, site) as inspiration or as a freebie;
4. Sell her/his work (themes, templates, icons, etc).
Everyone! Go for it, submit one now.
Click on the submit button from the homepage (top right corner). You will need:
1. A URL that links to the content (site, store app, portfolio page, code snippet, etc.).
2. A preview image (800 x 600 pixels). One will automatically be uploaded, but if you want to change it click on the image to upload a new one.
Other than that simply follow the instructions to fill in the form. Before completing your submission, we ask you to provide the maker's twitter username name. This is optional but highly recommended as we aim to give recognition to all makers.
Your submission will then be reviewed by the UpLabs team. If approved, it will then get in a queue to be showcased.
Basically any kind, but preferably from these websites:
Absolutely you can, as long as you don’t put yourself as the creator but only as the submitter. If you do, we will have no choice but delete your account.
We get tens of submissions every day (thank you!), so it varies. But it usually takes between 2 and 12 days from the moment you make a submission and it being showcased on the site (if approved).
If that was 2 minutes ago, that's because it's currently under review! In fact, the review process can take up to 12 days, so bear with us until make a decision. In the meantime, make another submission! Please don't submit the same post multiple times, unless it has significantly evolved.
Our aim is to provide a daily gallery of inspiration for all.
We showcase work that is based on the Material Design guidelines that will inspire other designers in their work. It is important that it's beautiful, polished, and inspired by Material Design.
For example, we would showcase a clever Material Design transition that delights users even if the colours aren’t 100% Material Design; however we would not approve an icon design that is 100% Material Design but doesn’t have an artistic input to it.
So submit work that used the material design guidelines (fully or partially), that shows artistic skills to inspire your peers, and it should be all good! You can submit designs, tutorials, resources or articles.
Here are some great examples:
- Slack Icon
- Navigation at the bottom
- Accept/Cancel Concept Tutorial After Effects
UpLabs isn't the place for other trends, unfinished creations or to showcase an entire portfolio at once.
If your design isn’t approved, you will receive an email notifying you and explaining why. Don't worry though, there is no limit on how many submissions you can make to UpLabs. So don't hesitate to submit another one!
There can be many reasons why your submissions was rejected, but here are the two most commons ones:
- It does not follow Material Design guidelines at all. We do approve submission that are not fully Material Design, however it should have a Material Design feel to it or have one aspect that is Material design, for example a colour palette or transition.
- It is not finished, or “polished”. We like to showcase beautiful work that will inspire other creators.
- The preview was not the right size (800 x 600).
If you're the creator, we encourage you to work on it again, polish it, and re-submit it. If it's inspiring for others, it will likely be approved!
You can submit a paid item as inspiration, as long as it doesn’t link directly to a Marketplace (to a separate demo link is fine).
Please contact us as soon as possible at [email protected] and explain why the person is a fraud with a link to the post.
A verified user is a user of the UpLabs community who has been given special access. When s/he makes a submission to UpLabs, it will be showcased instantly.
In some rare cases, we may delete a submission by verified members if it does not align with the UpLabs vision of showcasing work that is beautiful and polished.
Verified users are selected one by one by the UpLabs team based on the quality of their past submissions. So the best way is for you to become one is by submitting quality work! It can be yours, your friend's or beautiful work you come across on the internet.
Profiles are automatically created for each maker who had a piece of their work showcased.
The UpLabs team and selected moderators monitor. We are pretty open and aim for people to discuss each other’s work; however we will delete comments if you cross the line on a couple points:
– Be respectful of other people’s work, don’t insult people. Instead, provide constructive feedback that will be helpful to the maker and others reading your comment.
– Don’t put a link to another marketplace. If you wish to sell a product, please make a submission to the UpLabs Market
We don't encourage you deleting posts because the purpose of UpLabs is not to build a portfolio, but rather to inspire, learn and see each other's progress. In fact, anyone is welcome to submit design or code updates (significant ones), without deleting previous versions. Besides, if your work was originally approved is because it was good! However we understand that there may be situations where you need to have a post deleted (fraud, copyright, etc.). If you need or want to delete a post, please contact us at [email protected]. Make sure to provide an explanation and links to the post you’re referring to.
You can advertise in our weekly newsletter and reach over 60K talented designers, developers and product managers. Submit your ad here.
Not yet! But the site is responsive so feel free to visit it from your mobile!
We showcase 24 posts a day. We find that it creates enough room for many to get exposure while enabling quality to play a role in the selection of posts. Learn more here.
Aerolab, the digital_ agency that mixes design and technology to create unique experiences. Thanks for helping us design UpLabs. You’re an amazing agency!